Assistant Youth Coach – SLO
Are you someone that looks someone in the eyes and wonders what their wildest dreams are? Do you find out and then want to help them achieve that? Then we want you.\
At The Pad Climbing, our highest priority is creating impactful and fun experiences. You will be interacting with kids and ensuring they have a safe and supportive experience when participating in our programs. This position requires a friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming attitude at all times. You will be trained in facilitation, set up/break down, and appropriate youth interactions, so that we can provide the best youth program experience possible.
- Facilitate and lead group activities for a variety of ages and abilities
- Collaborate with Head Coach to create a structure for teaching kids important skills and facilitating fun
- Follow through with plans that should include games, climbing technique instruction, group ice breakers, and schedules of each day.
- Communicate effectively with other coaches on the team to discuss day-to-day activities and places for improvements
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment for climbers to grow and learn
- Set up games, and day to day operations
- Keep team practice sessions at the gym organized and productive
- Previous coaching experience preferred
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively
- Interest in working with kids of all ages and the ability to do so in a professional manner.
- Climbing proficiency, preferred
- A general enthusiasm on creating fun experiences for kids
- You’ll need this code word to apply for the position: “dyno”
- A desire to be part of the climbing community – we don’t care how hard you climb, but you should have enough experience to speak the lingo, make safety calls (or know who to defer to) and feel confident in training belay certification.
- Tech-savvy enough to use and apply a wide variety of applications, including Word, Google Drive, Gmail, and others.
- Able to lift 50 lbs
What we have to offer:
- Growth opportunities
- Holiday closures
- Paid bi-monthly on the 15th and last day of the month
- Accrued paid time off
- Transfer and promotional opportunities
- Gym membership for self plus immediate family
- Retail and merchandise discounts
If you’re adaptable, have a positive outlook, and love learning and improving, we want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diverse voices and experiences aligned with the vision of our organization: Climbing. Community. Fitness. Love.