We’re a rock climbing gym looking for a Community Coordinator, but what we really want are people who recognize that the right experience could change a life for the better.
Coordinators do not need to be peppy and upbeat 100% of the day, but they should exude a sense of warmth and be comfortable engaging diverse populations both at the front desk and on the floor. You will be representing our entire organization and be working in a team-centered environment working constantly to improve and grow.
Experience in climbing isn’t a requirement but it is highly recommended. Above all else you need to have a strong desire to be part of The Pad community. Upon hire, crew will be required to learn climbing technique, belay basics, and how to instruct a class. We don’t care how hard you climb, but you should have enough experience to speak the lingo, make safety calls (or know who to defer to) and feel confident in training belay certification. Experience climbing outside is a major plus – we’re a gym run by people who climb outside and we like the culture that brings.
To build immersive experiences, spaces, and opportunities through climbing, community, fitness, and love.
Here’s what a typical workload could be:
- Respond to emails regarding group events
- Redirect emails to proper departments and interest forms
- Call members and guests to set up group events
- Call a member who came in during team practice with a large group and expects to be called back to reschedule a time to climb
- Oversee a paid group event in the early afternoon and a nonprofit event later that day
- Attend virtual meetings with the Community Director and Facilities Manager to discuss actions that the gym can take to become greener
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and training community support staff
- Coordinating and overseeing community support staff
- Coordinating paid and free nonprofit partner group climbs in our facilities
- Ensure groups are properly staffed
- Work with Community Director as needed to update policies for group events
- Coordinating paid small group events and birthday parties in our facilities
- Developing and strengthening community relationships and networking with outside partners and businesses to grow programs
- Overseeing gym level green initiatives as determined by Community Director
- Working with Community Director to further make positive impact on the community
- Genuine interest in other people’s experiences
- Communicate clearly with peers and the community
- Experience with speaking to or working in a dynamic environment
- Confidence in standing up to strangers and those you care about when it comes to following rules and upholding the values of the company
- Able to tie knots and move across uneven surfaces and stairways
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Work as a member of a team, you will interact with crew members as well as other department teams
- Code word: kermit
- Lover of learning and a deep interest in improving things for those around them
- Friendly, enthusiastic attitude, can exhibit warmth and empathy
- Tech savvy enough to use and apply a wide variety of applications, including Word, Google Drive, Gmail, and Asana
- Actively seek new opportunities to improve self and the community at large
- Uphold company values and use the mission statement to guide decisions
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diverse voices and experiences aligned with the vision of our organization: Climbing. Community. Fitness. Love.