Membership = Community
When you join our PadFam, you get -
- 24/7 access to bouldering, lounge, weight equipment and more!
- An opportunity to take advantage of a diverse and friendly community – our members find partners, inspiration, and life long friends
- Commitment also leads to success in your own personal goals: from getting strong to finding a community that’s always here to support you.
In addition, we are always working with community partners to get you good stuff!!
- 10% off climbing gear with The Mountain Air (in store, SLO only)
Climb for Community membership includes:
- 15% off Retail, Instruction
- Kids 7 & under Free
- Free entry into any event we host and charge members for
- Enjoy a second monthly buddy pass to share with anyone
- A sense of well being as you see more and more people get access to the thing you love.
- Climb4Community Members are both givers AND recipients.
- Apply to be a Climb4Community Member here:APPLY
What your money does:
- Subsidize grants to low income individuals
- Subsidize climbing equipment sale to grant recipients
- Support nonprofit group attendance costs
- Donate to related nonprofit organizations with the intent to:
- Expand our mission to include other peak experience activities that might not be otherwise accessible to recipients of your funds
- Develop other peak experiences for underserved communities (climbing walls, events, etc)
- Fund employment that supports our community outreach
We will release Climb4Community reports here every July, letting you know where our money and efforts went.
We are in partnership with Boulders Climbing Gym in WI.
We hope more gyms will offer similar support and grow community inclusion at a national scale.
Going outside to climb? Your impact matters.
Amazing people are waiting to serve you through our programs!
- We work to support inclusivity and remove barriers to access as much as possible through programs, hiring and employment practices, and messaging wherever possible.
- Support green practices wherever possible.
- We are always excited to work with at-risk youth, veterans, marginalized populations, special needs, and other similar communities for free group visits, discounted or free memberships, and community services. We work local charities to provide experiences and grants for individuals enrolled in mentorship or enrichment programs
Meet some of our Community Partners
We believe that climbing changes lives – we provide free climbing to groups that go above and beyond to serve our communities.
Below are some of our current community partners, if you don’t see your favorite nonprofit organization, get in touch with us!
The mission of Greater Youth Sports Association is to leverage our three core values of Sports, Education and Character to create an environment for our youth that fosters growth, development and success.
The Code Switch mission is simply stated but hard fought: develop and support Girls and Young Women of Color, as well as those who parent, mentor, and educate them, as they eradicate the inequities they experience in their schools and communities.
When children and teens have the influence of a caring adult, they are more likely to avoid risky behaviors and to focus on academics. Today’s youth face a variety of challenges, and being matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister can help them navigate these challenges and reach their potential.
The Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County works cooperatively with both landowners and government agencies to find positive, mutually beneficial solutions. Our goal is to help prevent poorly planned development, protect drinking water sources, restore wildlife habitat and promote family farmlands and ranches.
The National CASA/GAL Association, together with state and local member programs, supports and promotes court-appointed volunteer advocacy so every child who has experienced abuse or neglect can be safe, have a permanent home, and the opportunity to thrive.
The Family Care Network was established as a Community Based Organization to provide clinical and treatment services and support to children and youth in a family setting, preferably their own, and within their community, with the goal of their safety, wellbeing and permanence, and to foster stable and self-sufficient families.