WE HIRE GOOD PEOPLE
Not a climber? Keep reading - not all positions require climbing experience
Let's talk about what makes The Pad different:
- Our staff sees others, and what they could become if given the ability to succeed. Expect robust training and lots of meetings to help you do this.
- We focus on what we’re good at – community building through rock climbing and supplemental activities.
- We build in extras: free coffee, good wifi, hangout places, and free rentals (always) to make getting into climbing (at least bouldering) barrier-free.
- Accessibility – we strive for 24 hour locations when possible and inclusivity for all people.
- We are not a franchise – we want our core values to be what’s made us successful all along – from the type of people we hire to how our building looks, to reciprocal membership wherever we are.
- No fancy corporate anything – we encourage you to get out into the community, whether it’s a co-working space, a coffee shop, or you’re vanlifing it. We like remote working and then coming together as needed. Zoom on in from a crag – we’ll celebrate it!
- We empower our employees to make changes and improve things. We work to recognize one another and develop core leadership qualities. Our benefits are designed to make you never need to make the choice between us and your family, life, or dreams.
You could be the reason they discover something that elevates them beyond their wildest expectations. If that excites you, we want you on our team!
To be who we are, we focus on three things:
- Climbing, and its community, changes lives for the better.
- Do it the best you can or not at all.
- Provide an amazing life for the people who serve the company.
Our goal is that when they’re here, our members feel at home.
We keep facilities clean, beautiful, inclusive, and amenity stacked. Our staff genuinely cares and is curious about each and every person that comes to our gym. We do not proselytize, but we do believe that our mere existence and our listening can bring about a lot of good in the world – and that climbing and community can empower people to bring even more beauty to our communities.
We are here because we relied on other people’s blood, sweat, tears, faith, and money – and we owe it to that legacy to be the best it can be and to serve people with the same feeling and heart that we did when it was a little wood storage unit.
We owe it to those who came before to honor them in our respect for the land, other people, and for the sport itself.
Sound good? We want to hear from you!
Read below and click on the titles for detailed descriptions and requirements.
None at this time!
Routesetters – Want to set for us? Here’s a message from our setting director:
- 4+ years experience climbing
- 1+ years of setting experience
- Knowledge of rope systems such as jugging, hauling, leading/belaying and rappelling.
- Able to climb 5.12 & V7+
- Comfort with working at heights
- Flexible Schedule
- Extremely Motivated
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Looking to do studio-based instruction?
Yoga and fitness teaching requires a breadth of knowledge, dedication to study, experience, and personal reliability. Teaching at a rock gym requires some understanding or excitement to understand how the methods – activities and mindset – of climbing are easily and directly supported by Yoga and complimentary fitness.
Must be able to demonstrate:
- 5+ years of committed and regular practice to your modality
- 2-3+ years of active teaching experience
- Regular continued education relevant to your skills – Please be able to discuss your teachers, lineage, and future goals
- Flexible schedule
- Motivated to serve students and your team through communication and experiences
If this list of requirements actually increases your interest, please contact our HR Director with a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter please include your history of practice and study as well as why you feel you would be a good fit for our team. Even better, after sending your information, come take a class with our staff, and get to know our facilities and introduce yourself!