Facility Support Crew – SLO
We’re a rock climbing gym looking for facilities support crew: People who care about the maintenance of the facility and want to see it at its most sparkly self.
Crew will be working behind the scenes of the gym, but should understand their impact on the community and strive to create welcoming spaces for all our members and guests.
Experience in climbing isn’t a requirement but it is highly recommended. Upon hire, crew will be trained on a variety of tools and machines to get the job done as easily and efficiently as possible.
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect building’s structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Maintain gym spaces to ensure excellent visual standards
- Communicate with Crew Manager when Crew support is needed
- Ensure ropes are stocked and safe to use and autobelays have been serviced
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
- Step in to help out other programs and departments when needed
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs when possible
- Supervise all facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like waste disposal, building security etc.
- Work with Chief Business Developer to handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- Reports to Chief Business Developer
- Communicate facility updates to other gym managers
- Genuine interest in other people’s experiences
- Communicate clearly with peers and the community
- Experience with speaking to or working in a dynamic environment
- Confidence in standing up to strangers and those you care about when it comes to following rules and upholding the values of the company
- Able to tie knots and move across uneven surfaces and stairways
- Codeword: custodians
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Work as a member of a team, you will interact with other crew members as well as other department teams
- Lover of learning and a deep interest in improving things for those around them
- Friendly, enthusiastic attitude, can exhibit warmth and empathy
- Tech savvy enough to use and apply a wide variety of applications, including Word, Google Drive, Mindbody, Gmail, and Asana
- Actively seek new opportunities to improve self and the community at large
- Uphold company values and use the mission statement to guide decisions
Facility Support Crew Terms:
- Paid bi-monthly on the 15th and last day of the month
- Accrued paid time off
- Unlimited leave of absence opportunities
- Transfer and promotional opportunities
- Gym membership to all Pad Climbing locations
- Retail and merchandise discounts
- Access to all eligible pro-deals
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diverse voices and experiences aligned with the vision of our organization: Climbing. Community. Fitness. Love.