Front Desk Crew + Community Coordinator
We’re a rock climbing gym looking for front desk staff, but what we really want are people who recognize that the right experience could change a life for the better.
Crew do not need to be peppy and upbeat 100% of the day, but they should exude a sense of warmth and be comfortable engaging diverse populations both at the front desk and on the floor.
You will be the face of our entire organization and you will be working in a team-centered environment working constantly to improve and grow.
Experience in climbing isn’t a requirement but it is highly recommended. Upon hire, crew will be required to learn climbing technique, belay basics, and how to instruct a class.
- Perform basic sales and computer software operations
- Conduct thorough orientations of the facility and rules
- Execute belay and lead tests
- Handle customer concerns
- Maintain safe practices in facility
- Maintain facility cleanliness
- Facilitate occasional groups such as nonprofit experiences and birthday parties
- Act as a representative of the community and make a genuine effort to get to know and support members and fellow employees.
- Confidently communicate with supervisors and peers about gym and your own needs, improvements, and goals
- Genuine interest in other people’s experiences
- Ability to hear and speak clearly
- Experience with speaking to diverse individuals
- Confidence in standing up to strangers and those you care about when it comes to following rules
- Use the key word “kermit” to apply
- Ability to tie knots and move across uneven surfaces and stairways
Community Coordinator responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate ability to hire/fire support staff; scheduling, disciplining, and training them
- Work with the rest of gym leadership to place and manage community support staff
- Schedule paid groups and nonprofit partner group climbs at the facility, ensure groups are properly staffed
- Develop relationships and network with outside partners and businesses within the community
- Oversee gym level green initiatives as determined by Community Director
- Work with Community Director to further make positive impact on the community
Must Be Excellent In The Following Core Competencies:
- Relationship Building, Leads with Integrity, Adaptability, Self Management, Ethics, Strong Personal and Cultural Identity
What we have to offer:
Part-time Hourly Position
- Eligible for accrued Paid Time Off and Sick Leave
- Paid bi-monthly on the 15th and last day of the month
- Minimum 1 front desk shift as scheduled by the Crew Manager
- Hybrid remote and in gym work as needed for remainder of schedule
- Accrued paid time off
- Transfer and promotional opportunities
- Gym membership for self plus immediate family
- Retail and merchandise discounts
If you’re adaptable, have a positive outlook, and love learning and improving, we want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diverse voices and experiences aligned with the vision of our organization: Climbing. Community. Fitness. Love.