Climbing Instructor - SLO
Are you someone that looks someone in the eyes and wonders what their wildest dreams are?
Do you find out and then want to help them achieve that?
Then we want you.
We’re a rock climbing gym looking for rock climbing instructors, but what we really want are people who recognize that the right experience could change a life for the better.
You do not need to be peppy and upbeat 100% of the day, but should exude a sense of warmth and be comfortable engaging diverse populations.
You will be the face of our entire organization and you will be working in a team-centered environment working constantly to improve and grow.
- Leading 1on1 and group classes
- Perform basic sales and computer software operations
- Conduct thorough orientations of the facility and rules
- Execute belay and lead tests
- Handle customer concerns
- Maintain safe practices in facility
- Maintain facility cleanliness
- Facilitate occasional groups such as nonprofit experiences and birthday parties
- Act as a representative of the community and make a genuine effort to get to know and support members and fellow employees.
- Confidently communicate with supervisors and peers about gym and your own needs, improvements, and goals
- 2+ years experience in climbing, including ropes
- Outdoor climbing experience
- Ability to climb V5/5.11+
- Genuine interest in other people’s experiences
- Ability to hear and speak clearly
- Experience with speaking to diverse individuals
- The code word is “Secret” – you need this to apply for the position.
- Confidence in standing up to strangers and those you care about when it comes to following rules
- Ability to tie knots and move across uneven surfaces and stairways
Applicants for this position should include a statement about their understanding of the program(s) they’d like to take ownership of and what its purpose is to the gym and community.
What we have to offer:
- Position is part time
- $15.00/hour to start (Assumes no experience)
- Paid bi-monthly on the 15th and last day of the month
- Accrued paid time off
- Flexible hours
- Gym membership for self plus immediate family
- Retail and merchandise discounts
- Staff harness and gear for classes
- Pro Deals
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diverse voices and experiences aligned with the vision of our organization: Climbing. Community. Fitness. Love.
So many stoked Paddies to meet!