Front Desk Crew
Are you someone that looks someone in the eyes and wonders what their wildest dreams are?
Do you find out and then want to help them achieve that?
Then we want you.
We’re a rock climbing gym looking for front desk staff, but what we really want are people who recognize that stepping into our communities has the power to change lives. Crew do not need to be peppy and upbeat 100% of the day, but they should exude a sense of warmth and be comfortable engaging diverse populations both at the front desk and on the floor. You will be the face of our gyms and be working in a team-centered, dynamic environment.
Experience in climbing isn’t a requirement but it is highly recommended, and above all else you need to have a strong desire to be part of The Pad community. Upon hire, crew will be required to learn climbing technique, belay basics, and how to instruct a class. We don’t care how hard you climb, but you should have enough experience to speak the lingo, make safety calls (or know who to defer to) and feel confident in training belay certification. Experience climbing outside is a major plus – we’re a gym run by people who climb outside and we like the culture that brings.
To build immersive experiences, spaces, and opportunities through climbing, community, fitness, and love
So many stoked Paddies to meet!
Here’s a typical workload:
- Balance day to day customer service and crew tasks as directed by gym management
- Create welcoming and clean spaces for our members and guests
- Network with members and guests to deepen connections within the community
- Step in and help other departments that need an extra hand
- Create excellent sales experiences by executing gym and member orientations and using your impact to identify and sell gym programs
- Utilize company resources to answer any questions that come up throughout the day and reach out to Crew Manager when unable to find the answers on own
- Provide feedback to Crew Manager and program leaders to improve processes and bring new ideas to the table
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform basic sales and computer software operations
- Conduct thorough member and guest orientations of the facility and rules
- Execute belay and lead tests
- Handle day to day customer concerns
- Maintain and overseeing safe practices in facility and confidently communicate with members and guests when safe practices are not being met
- Maintain facility cleanliness including general upkeep of our spaces as directed by the Crew Manager and the Facilities Manager
- Represent the community and making a genuine effort create connections that support members, guests, and peers
- Communicate with supervisors and peers about gym and your own needs, improvements, and goals
- Meet the standards set by the companies core competencies and actively work towards exceeding the standards
- Genuine interest in other people’s experiences
- Communicate clearly with peers and the community
- Experience with speaking to or working in a dynamic environment
- Confidence in standing up to strangers and those you care about when it comes to following rules and upholding the values of the company
- Able to tie knots and move across uneven surfaces and stairways
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Code word: friendly
- Work as a member of a team, you will interact with other crew members as well as other department teams
- Lover of learning and a deep interest in improving things for those around them
- Friendly, enthusiastic attitude, can exhibit warmth and empathy
- Tech savvy enough to use and apply a wide variety of applications, including Word, Google Drive, Gmail, and Asana
- Actively seek new opportunities to improve self and the community at large
- Uphold company values and use the mission statement to guide decisions
If you’re adaptable, have a positive outlook, and love learning and improving, we want to hear from you!