Now hiring: Stock & Inventory Coordinator (SLO)
We hire awesome people. Are you one of them?
We’re a rock climbing gym looking for a Stock and Inventory Coordinator, but what we really want are people who recognize that stepping into our communities has the power to change lives.
Coordinators do not need to be peppy and upbeat 100% of the day, but they should exude a sense of warmth and be comfortable engaging diverse populations anytime you are in the gym. You will be working in this position behind the scenes, but expected to engage with the community while in a team-centered, dynamic environment.
Experience in climbing isn’t a requirement but it is recommended. We are a gym founded by outdoor climbers and we believe in getting outside to climb just as much as we believe in the indoor gym community. How hard you climb is not a factor in your job, but you should have enough experience to speak the lingo, make safety calls, be familiar with gear and equipment, and be confident in your ability to learn and adapt. Above all else you need to have a strong desire to be part of The Pad community.
To build immersive experiences, spaces, and opportunities through climbing, community, fitness, and love
Here’s a typical workload:
- Review sales reports and provide feedback to COO about what products are doing well, and what others need to be discontinued
- Reset and stock display cases, shelves, baskets, and hanging fixtures
- Ensure staff is up to date on what products we have in stock, including key features of the products, and any ordering procedures they need to know
- Research and network with potential vendors so that our gyms are stocked with quality gear
- Reorder day-to-day stock as needed
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform quarterly inventory counts and cycle counts as directed by the COO
- Maintain visual standards as determined by COO
- Order day to day goods while continuously looking at ways to expand our retail departments
- Develop and maintain relationships with retail vendors, coordinate vendor demos and sales
- Train staff on back stock organization
- Oversee Lost and Found
- Perform basic sales and computer software operations
- Represent the community and make a genuine effort to create connections that support members, guests, and peers
- Communicate with supervisors and peers about gym and your own needs, improvements, and goals
- Meet the standards set by the company’s core competencies and actively work towards exceeding the standards
- Genuine interest in other people’s experiences
- Communicate clearly with peers and the community
- Experience with speaking to or working in a dynamic environment
- Confidence in standing up to strangers and those you care about when it comes to following rules and upholding the values of the company
- Able to tie knots and move across uneven surfaces and stairways
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Work as a member of a team, you will interact with other crew members as well as other department teams
- Lover of learning and a deep interest in improving things for those around them
- Friendly, enthusiastic attitude, can exhibit warmth and empathy
- Tech savvy enough to use and apply a wide variety of applications, including Word, Google Drive, Gmail, and Asana
- Actively seek new opportunities to improve self and the community at large
- Uphold company values and use the mission statement to guide decisions
What we have to offer:
- Growth opportunities
- Paid bi-monthly on the 15th and last day of the month
- $15/hour, assuming 15-20 hours per week to start
- Accrued paid time off
- Flexible hours that you control
- Transfer and promotional opportunities
- Gym membership for self plus immediate family
- Retail and merchandise discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diverse voices and experiences aligned with the vision of our organization: Climbing. Community. Fitness. Love.
Oh, and did we mention that we’re rated one of the best places to work in all of the Central Coast? The love of #ThePadFam runs deep!
Don’t send that resume just yet!
We don’t want your resume, we don’t want your cover letter, and we don’t want phone calls and emails!
Why? We at the Pad feel that the employment process is broken and we want to address these issues and hopefully inspire others to, as well.
Why is it broken?
- Applicants are judged on their ability to make a fancy-looking document
- Applicants are judged on their writing ability when that may not be a requirement of their position
- Applicants are unfairly judged based on their employment history, success in describing it, and even by their own name and location.
- Applicants are encouraged to go above and beyond, reaching out to HR and supervisors, and writing long essays, all of which is an emotional drain on everyone
- Salary, benefits, time expectations, and even physical ability requirements are either omitted or over-inflated.
Our process eliminates this and is designed to test applicants in as little time as possible to see if they will be a good fit. Through our process, we are able to:
- Educate you about the organization you are applying for so you know if it is a good fit or not for you.
- Check for the level of attention to detail we want to see prior to hiring.
- Check for level of readiness for the position
- Show us your personality
- Take a minimum of time and energy for our HR team AND you
Please note – if you send resumes, cover letters, etc without being asked, we will NOT review them.